• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Emotional Freedom Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

MynameisnotDeja

Bluelight Crew
http://www.emofree.com

I was just wondering if any of you guys had heard of this.

It changed my life.

That web site has a lot of info, but if anyone wants to learn it quickly and easily, here is a link to the youtube video I learned from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-VDOGqmd4

Just passing it along! Im not kidding. It changed...absolutely everything for me. In fact, I might even go as far to say it saved my life.

:)

The technique is very relaxing... the top of my head started to tingle :) I think it helped my heartburn?

this is VERY interesting...doesn't seem gimmicky either.
I'm going to look into this more.
thanks for posting.

Its insane. Its more than a mental thing, it somehow rewired my brain.
(I need to do a session today, Im feeling way jacked up and imprisoned by emotion).

I noticed, after doing it over some self esteem issues, I did maybe 4-5 deep sessions. After that, some other things came up, and I havent done the therapy in awhile. Well, even after not doing it, its still working. Its like..it made this change in my thought process, and then I let that be awhile, and it sorta..sank down into the rest of my being.

I'm having some severe self esteem problems atm. I may well give this a go. Will report back after I read into it some more.

im gonna give this a try for some bad lavator scapula and trapezius pain ive been having......

heard about it long time ago but discounted it as another willy nilly bs tek

I was 'taught' the basics....to be honest, I think its a bit of nonsense. I think that things like that are designed to prey on vulnerable minds; I do believe there is healing power attained in applying pressure to certain parts of the body, but this I don't believe in. The part I found important was the positive reinforcement; but believing that some odd force is being channelled through your body via acupressure is not always good for the anxious or depressed- IMO. I am glad that it works for some people though....I do occaisionally have a tap, I will admit. However, I think mediation and actual introspection is better then learning by rote, if that makes sense.

maybe it's something more indirect, like every time your body goes through the motions of getting depressed/anxious or whatever you're dealing with, it remembers the last time you used EFT, and the thought process was interrupted with random procedures requiring concentration... humming happy birthday... placing precise finger tappings etc.

Its not the tapping, that just helps you focus. You are actively participating in the act of stopping a powerful, ingrained negative thought process, and turning it around. So many of us go through these subconcious (or concious even), damaging thought patterns, sometimes hundreds of times a day. EFT makes you aware of this and teaches you how to change it.

The website didn't tell me anything useful or specific. What exactly is this technique- you mention tapping. Tapping what?

this is cool shit...we all have daaging thought patterns abd we dont even think about it.

Thanks Deja

Given the positive reviews in this thread, I went to that site with an optimistic mind. Seeing there was a specific page on ADD, which is relevant to me, I read it and quickly realised what a load of bullshit this is. "The symptoms of ADD/ADHD are simply ways of acting out that unconscious and un-resolved trauma." What a load of crap, yet another website selling methods to cure disorders they have no clue about.

^ Be nice :p Just because you don't agree with one aspect of it doesn't mean you can just go around here saying what a bunch of crap it is. Have some respect and consideration for others. You can think its nonsense, but you can also word it nicely. This forum does not tolerate mean spiritedness.

Interesting website. Worth giving it a try.

MynameisnotDeja said:
Its not the tapping, that just helps you focus. You are actively participating in the act of stopping a powerful, ingrained negative thought process, and turning it around. So many of us go through these subconcious (or concious even), damaging thought patterns, sometimes hundreds of times a day. EFT makes you aware of this and teaches you how to change it.

you guys need to reread this post, it makes quite a bit of sense although perhaps not so relevant for things like add

This is very much the thing right now in alternative medicine. I've never tried it, but my Aunt who is very into alternative medicine swears by it.

MNINJ-- have you heard of EMDR? While it should only be practised with a well-trained clinician, it wouldn't be tough to do small bits on your own. And it appears that it is a similar process that most Sound and Light machines use-- bimodal stimulus. By having a stimulus presented that alternates between the hemispheres of the brain (when I did it it was tactile-- automated vibration pulses, but moving the eyes diagonally back and forth works well too) and focusing on a stressful image from your past, it can help you work through these issues.

It would be tricky to do this on your own, but it could be as (if not more) effective than EFT.

^Yeah I have heard of it and I think its really similar.

I have no idea why people think its crap or some sort of scam.
Like I said, I learned this therapy for zero dollars, with the help of a youtube video and a very kind healer I met online. No one Ive spoken to, our sought out help from on this topic has ever wanted anything from me or tried to exploit my emotions in any way.

Honestly, it seems some of you guys have made up your mind that things are bullshit without looking into them, or even trying them first.

I know from experience acupuncture is amazing as a relaxation tool. I watched the video and I tried it, with an open mind and i'm not sure if it worked or not.

But I am pretty sure pressure points and acupuncture works for me. Even if it is all in my head it still works.

I'm going to look into this. I've found that actively doing anything to try to work through my troubles brings about improvement. and i know sitting around and doing nothing usually has no effect.

I try to keep an open mind about this sort of thing. Hell, I thought that EMDR was pretty flaky at first-- until I had a session. Sweet merciful Jebus did it ever work. 10+ years of constant bullying, leaving a ton of emotional detritus, gone.

So, I'd imagine that EFT may well have some validity too.

Status
Not open for further replies.